If you're wondering how to check the phase of a pickup
, there are several methods available, such as using a multimeter or your ear. However, having a dedicated tool designed specifically for this purpose can make the process much easier and faster.
That's where the N-audio guitar pickup phase checker comes in. This small but incredibly useful device is designed to help you determine the wire function of any humbucker or single pickup. It's an ideal tool for luthiers, guitar repair shops, or DIY enthusiasts who need to perform quick pickup phase analysis and testing.
While companies like Seymour Duncan or DiMarzio typically provide manuals showing how to connect their pickups, most stock guitar pickups and unknown pickups require identification. For example, four-wire humbuckers need to be figured out, and determining the phase of stock guitar pickups is crucial before changing them to match the pickup phase, among others.
Thankfully, using this tester, you can quickly check the phase of any passive or active pickup. This checker can also be used to verify the phase of guitar effects, if needed. With the N-audio guitar pickup phase checker, you can simplify the process of pickup phase analysis and testing, allowing you to spend more time playing your guitar and less time troubleshooting.
The N-audio guitar pickup phase checker offers a range of useful features, including:
- Easy and non-invasive pickup phase checking directly on the guitar, without the need for desoldering or disassembly.
- Compatibility with any type of single or humbucker pickup, whether passive or active.
- Identification of the wiring of unknown 2, 3 or 4-wire pickups, saving time and hassle during installation or repair.
- Finds open circuit guitar
- Capability to check the phase of guitar effects pedals.
- PCB size: 48x21mm
- Battery: CR2032 (not included)
- Current consumption: 200uA (1000 hours of power on)
- Dual LED indication: Green - positive phase, Red - negative phase